Scientist/Senior Scientist Cancer Biology
Kyn Therapeutics, an emerging leader in cancer immuno-therapy and biology, is seeking a highly talented, diversely experienced and motivated biologist to join an innovative, scientifically rigorous and fast paced team focused on developing breakthrough cancer therapies. The successful candidate will bring a sense of urgency and commitment to help drive Kyn Therapeutics to reach its potential and deliver novel therapeutics to patients.
Description and Accountabilities:
- Contribute to the research strategy and goals of studies for Kyn’s early and advanced programs
- Contribute to experimental design and hands-on implementation of oncology and I-O studies that are critical to advancing the pipeline
- Manage drug discovery activities for Kyn with external research organizations
- Manage research timelines for internal and external studies
- Help build scientific reputation to outside community with conference presentations and publications
- PhD in relevant field of biomedical research or commensurate job experience
- Experience revealing initiative, in-depth scientific knowledge, leadership and exceptional productivity
- Strong track record in oncology or immunology reflecting a knowledge of multiple fields of biology, reflected in multiple successful projects and publications
- A senior researcher with a desire to translate basic research into new medicines
- Skilled laboratory scientist in cell biology with knowledge and experience with a range of relevant biomedical technologies, such as CRISPR, flow cytometry, primary cell assays and in vivo oncology model systems
- Experience in immuno-oncology and/or drug discovery is a plus
- Exceptional analytical and strategic skills
Personal attributes: team oriented, goal-driven, organized, operates with a sense of urgency, highly collaborative, open-minded, data-driven, creative, ability to see the big picture as well as dive deep into the details depending on the needs of the situation, persistent in the face of obstacles and uncertainty, flexible, self-aware of strengths and weaknesses, objective in the evaluation of data and strongly optimistic about overcoming obstacles, excellent oral and written communication skills.